Elm Brook Park
Elm Brook Park is a day-use area located on Elm Brook Pool just off State Route 127 near Concord, New Hampshire.
Elm Brook Pool is part of Hopkinton-Everett Lakes, where visitors enjoy a wide variety of recreational opportunities, including boating, swimming, hiking and fishing.
The park is situated among rolling hills on the shores of Elk Brook Pool. Acres of open lawns cover the park, and stands of mature hardwood trees offer pleasant shade and wildlife habitat. The park also contains a natural wetland.
Elm Brook Park offers plenty of activities for visitors of all ages. Many enjoy canoeing and kayaking on the lake and Contoocook River, and a boat ramp and accessible fishing dock are available at the park.
Walleye, brook trout, sunfish and pickerel can be found in abundance in the lake, making it a popular place for anglers.
A 1.5-mile interpretive trail winds through the park. Hikers are treated to views of wetlands and uplands, both with a wide diversity of natural habitats. A multi-use trail system is located nearby at Hopkinton-Everett Reservoir.
For model airplane enthusiasts, a flying field is available.
The park offers four large group picnic shelters with tables and grills. Over 100 family picnic sites are also available on a first come, first served basis. Flush toilets and drinking water are provided.
Amenities at this family-friendly park include a swimming area with a great beach, a playground area, horseshoe pits, a basketball court, ball field and an elevated wildlife-viewing platform.
The park is staffed by uniformed park rangers who offer special programs on a variety of nature topics throughout the season. Each summer, rangers also present a very popular Junior Ranger program.
Activities and Amenities
- Day-use only
- Minimum day use fee of $5.00 will be charged per private non-commercial vehicle.
Minimum day use fee of $2.00 per adult for walk-in or bike-in.
Minimum day use fee of $20.00 will be charged per bus or commercial vehicle.
Children under the age of 16 are not charged a day use fee.
- The operational hours of Elm Brook Park for the 2016 season:
Monday – Friday (including Holidays): 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM (7:00 PM in September)
- No pets and/or livestock
- Please bring garbage bags; this is a “pack it in, pack it out” facility
- No ground fires; charcoal fires or self-contained gas grills only
- No beer trucks or kegs are permitted
- Anything that might change the atmosphere of the park requires approval from park staff before a reservation is made; examples include but are not limited to: music, weddings/receptions, cooking arrangements, etc.
- Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
Take I-89 to exit 6 and follow the signs to Elm Brook Park.
ELM BROOK PARK REC AREA
2097 MAPLE STREET
CONTOOCOOK NH 03229